1/29/2006
Hospital Companion...
In our society it’s a trend or should I say a common but blessing tradition …to have a close one to stay around all the day with the patient…also to sleep over at nights…sometimes it’s the mother other times the daughter/son or sister/brother or even granddaughter/son..etc … its kind of comforting feeling for the patient to have someone close to him around all the time so she /he won't feel lonely or scared of all the white coats and white gowns ;)…or to have someone to take care of him/her and to talk to so he/she won’t feel bored…I have been a companion countless times for my beloved ones especially for my mom…here and abroad and I witnessed so many other girls who were with their beloved ones too…I admired some of them so much …especially those who kept on being there under hard conditions ..like they had to sleep on the chair all night long or even worst on the floor cause they couldn’t get or afford a private room!!!...
I came across a girl who was there for her very old grandmother..and she slept on the floor every night for months and when I expressed my surprise …she told me she slept for her late grandfather too who was unconscious for seven months!!…and lately I came across yet another girl who was there for her grandmother … and she slept on the chair every night! ….she was there for 8 months now!!.....i saw her once feeding her granny through a tube coming out of her nose…! It touched me so much that I cried ...and there was this other girl who slept on the chair too for her ill mother ..the list is endless…all I can say to them all ..baraka Allah feekom ( God bless you)…for being there for your loved ones ..these kind of behaviors make me feel that our society is still be2alf ‘7eer…al7amdolilah..:)
I came across a girl who was there for her very old grandmother..and she slept on the floor every night for months and when I expressed my surprise …she told me she slept for her late grandfather too who was unconscious for seven months!!…and lately I came across yet another girl who was there for her grandmother … and she slept on the chair every night! ….she was there for 8 months now!!.....i saw her once feeding her granny through a tube coming out of her nose…! It touched me so much that I cried ...and there was this other girl who slept on the chair too for her ill mother ..the list is endless…all I can say to them all ..baraka Allah feekom ( God bless you)…for being there for your loved ones ..these kind of behaviors make me feel that our society is still be2alf ‘7eer…al7amdolilah..:)
posted by -Maha-,
2:22 PM
