Smiles & Tears

3/10/2006

And I Thought Only Omanies Know How!



I met a nice old British lady during my stay in Hamburg..she is the wife of a colleague of my husband…who was sent there by their work place too…they were in the same hotel as we were ..so obviously I had to run into her many times…especially in the mornings while our husbands were at work…so we had the chance to chat a few times..and when she knew that I was mother of three and my eldest was a teenager now..she had this shocked look in her face and said ..’you don’t look like you have a (xxxteen) old child..you look so young!, but your husband , well he looks that old!’...i laughed and told her that my hubby is only five years older then me..she shook her head in disbelief ..and said ‘he looks much older!’..a normal chat eh ?but seems that this woman couldn’t get over this! ..because every time we run to each other she would say the exact same things!..once she said this in front of my smiling huby too..and said that she thinks that I got married in a very young age …but I told her I was xx (in my very early twenties) when i got married i even told her my age now...

She is a very nice lady but believe me this was getting annoying!...i felt as if she was comparing her self with me!...as she talked about her own age as being in late 60s that means she was as same age as my mother if not more so how could she compare her self with me?!...this is not all ....i think she gave me the evil eye too..because soon I started to have huge white heads all over my face especially on my lips line and around my mouth..and they were very painful!..so I had to clean them and when I did they left ugly black marks on my face ..and soon new ones got formed! ..i thought maybe it was because of the weather...and that when I go back to Muscat they will disappear and stop ..but I was wrong ..because even when I came back home they are still there and new ones are forming every now and then!....so obviously this woman unintentionally put the evil eye on me ( '9rabetny 3yeen)!....and I thought that only Omanies know how to envy !(lol) .
posted by -Maha-, 10:34 AM

2 Comments:

lol its an global thing ! u need to read alm3wthat in such moments
commented by Blogger Devilish, 7:18 PM  
i don't agree with either of you. I think she just wanted to state her opinion or anything and that you're letting your thoughts get to you...

just remember; not everyone holds the same opinion as you would..

;o)
commented by Blogger Sleepless In Muscat, 8:37 PM  

Add a comment

Free Web Counter
Counters