Smiles & Tears

4/03/2006

Only Eyes Please!!..



(البرقع ,الخمار,اللثام)Al-lbarqa3, al-letham, al-’7emaar (the face veil)!

In some parts of our Islamic countries some Muslim women wear them…some of them are forced but some others choose to cover their faces!…although this habit has nothing to do with the Islamic dressing code of a Muslim woman…..but in a country like Saudi it’s considered as a must! …one of their late and well known scholars 'Ibn baz' had even issued a fatwa regarding the face veil... stating clearly that any woman doesn’t cover her face is indeed committing major sin!!That’s why when I went there two years ago some sheikhs screamed at me in the Haram in Makkah and asked me to cover my face every time I did the 9awaff…and they were actually saying things like..
(غطي وجهك
يا أمرأة فلا تكونين فتنة ينظر اليك الرجال فيأثمون و تأثمين)meaning..(cover your face woman..you are a distraction...when men look at you they will commit a sin and your will commit a sin too)!!


At first I tried to ignore them but when they repeated it constantly, I got angry and I wanted to go to them and tell them ( so you people think you know better then Allah (swt) and his Prophet( saw)..but instead I calmed my self down…when I told my brother, sister and my mom whom were there with me..they laughed and said this is Saudi and that we should respect the Saudis believes!!..what believes I ask you?! aren’t we all Muslims?... don’t we all follow the same Quran and sunnat Alnabi? so where did they bring this from?! ..This is a traditional thing and they know it …and it has nothing to do with Islam ..face veil is old bedwen thing!...Saudi people should know that…what they are doing is because their men's selfishness and over charged jealousy that makes them can't tolerate any other man eyeing their women!!... that’s why they forbid women to wear anything but black out doors!!... furthermore the women there wear black gloves and socks too!!..how sad!…

It's something acceptable when you do a thing and say it’s a tradition….and that you are following the society’s norm….. however it becomes something different altogether when you claim that what you are doing is a religious thing..this is not acceptable because then you are committing a bed3ah ..as you are making up things on the Almighty Allah (swt) and his prophet (saw)..and this is the biggest sin ever!

In some parts here in Oman like Dhofar and Sur women wear face veils too ..but here it’s more of a tradition thing …and I never heard anyone of them claiming that it’s a religious thing….and it's strange how some of the veiled women apply so much eye make up! ..so you will see heavy and colorful eye shadows, thick and long eye liners and sometimes they put false eye lashes or colored lenses too..it’s funny really!....

I used to make fun of women who wear face veils and call them walking tents or batmen!…but not anymore…actually now days I feel sorry for those of them who are forced to wear them and pressurized by their narrow minded men( their fathers, brothers , and husbands) …those kind of men think they know better and they don’t care about how the women feel…its tough enough to wear a head scarf especially in hot weathers but still it’s tolerable..but to cover your face it’s like a hell…

I have witnessed some sad situations of veiled women..here in Muscat, Saudi, and Dubai… once in a hot summer in the wild wadi (a water theme park ) in Dubai….while the rest of us were having fun in the water…trying to cool off in the hot weather…and enjoying our time with our families…..i saw two women fully covered from heads to toes…sitting on a bench holding the towels !!..while their husbands and kids were having fun..and I was like what the hell were they doing there in this hot weather dressed like this ?!...if they can’t join why didn’t they stay in their hotels?!...The situation gets even sadder in the restaurants…when they try to eat or drink without taking the veil off….so while tilting their heads down …with one hand they lift up the veil …with the other hand they push the food inside the veil..it's a very tough situation!...makes one feel sorry for them..!

The bottom line is please don’t get me wrong I am not judging anyone here, what I am trying to say is face veil is not a part of Islamic dressing code..nor the hand gloves…so no one should dare to claim otherwise .. moreover no one has the right to force any woman to wear it, if she doesn’t choose to...
posted by -Maha-, 2:52 PM

1 Comments:

http://www.muhajabah.com/faceveil.htm

Salam.
commented by Blogger ., 12:05 PM  

Add a comment

Free Web Counter
Counters