Smiles & Tears

9/16/2006

Off - On..!


To those who are kind enough or have some time to waste to view my blog ..you may have noticed that it has been a while since the last time I have written/published anything…and this was due to many reasons ..but first let me tell you why do I write!


Writing was always my passion ..ever since I was a kid …I used to write in both languages Arabic and English ..at those time my younger siblings were my readers..and in school sometimes I used to show few of my teachers the short paragraphs I used to write and mostly they were my own personal thoughts and ideas about life , friendship …etc…in my early teens I used to write short romantic stories as well!...that I never got to keep and got rid off …cause I found them silly because mostly they were affected by my own readings of mills and boon love stories…one of my sisters who was my regular and devoted reader (hehehe) still teases me about them!..

At collage time I used to hang my writings on the door of my hostel room …and believe it or not sometimes I caught girls copying whatever I wrote cause they liked them!..i wrote my thoughts as what we call it in Arabic خواطر ......whenever something bothered me or whenever any idea flashed in my mind …. that put me in hot water once!..because some stupid girls felt offended about what I wrote (duh)…..... they felt that i was talking about them .. they even went to the management and complained about it then i was asked to stop hanging my writings on my door!....talk about freedom of speech!.....although i always talked generally as I said what I wrote were my own personal ideas, feelings and thoughts about true friendship , love, honesty, life , family…etc and I never mentioned any names!..but as we say in Arabic

اللي على راسه بطحة يتحسسها. …anyways that didn’t stop my other fans from asking me to see my latest thoughts…;)

I love meaningful discussions.... at my house whenever there is a discussion you will catch me in the middle of it ..honestly speaking up my mind!.... thats why i joined a forum and was posting in it because i feel when we discuss we exchange ideas ..we learn new ideas ..we learn about different people, thier cultures, thier experiences and thier thinking patterns... but we don't have to agree with whatever we learn ...sometimes we might give or need to get a sound advice about the issues botheing us too....in short we learn from each other..and broaden our horizons..

So why did I stop?...I was kind of busy with some issues in my life with all the sickness around me…and there were many things going on in my tired mind … but the most important reason was because I have lost the interest of writing ….my mind was off the net as whole…I felt that it’s a useless hobby..It's a huge waste of time .. I stopped posting in omanforum which I was very fond of in the past too …I was like what’s the point?...its not as if we are going to make a difference ..a change ….it bothered me so much that I thought of deleting the blogs

so when those personal worries got sorted out I had the chance to clear up my mind and went out holidaying with my own family and I went out of the country for 17 days too… believe me nothing helps and relaxes a stressful mind more then going out and exploring a new country with loved ones …

posted by -Maha-, 12:40 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Free Web Counter
Counters